Located at the south-west entrance to the village, the farm at L’ Echelle-le-Franc is composed of a group of buildings surrounding a large courtyard, dominated by a dovecote. Its construction is attributed to Jacques Des Marins, « lord of Leschel », in 1559. The Crochet family became the estate’s owners when Henri Alphonse Crochet married Hortense Louise Guilliou in 1898.
Xavier has continued the restoration project undertaken by his parents and has transformed the 16th century cellar into a reception area dedicated to Champagne.
> Click here to learn more
aerial view of the farmstead & drawing by Jean-Pierre BOUREUX